Friday 28 June 2013

Rippa rugby

Report for Rippa rugby

Yesterday Parkvale school entered two Rippa rugby teams, I was in the A team. In our first game we faced Irongate and they were up 2-0 at the end of the first half then we picked our game up and drew four all. After that game we were off and we started to have big wins like 10-0 in tries. It all came down to the semi finals. We faced the Parkvale B team, that was a challenge. At full time we thought it was 3-2 to The A team but one of Sam's tries was dissallowed and that made it two all. We go into golden point so the first team to score wins. I could feel the tension building up and then Daniel makes a break through and scores that means that Parkvale A goes into the finals. We run out onto the field and start to play. Te Mata score a few tries but then the ball gets passed along the line and then to me. I dive over the line and put the ball down. That makes it 2-3. Time flies and Te Mata score a few more tries and then we do, the whistle blows and the finals are over. The score was 5-3.





Reflection for Rippa rugby
∙ Something I was pleased with was that I got lots of rips
...because I saved tries
∙ I really enjoyed learning not to run backwards
...because you can't see what's happening
∙ Something I found hard was keeping up with the fast people in my team
∙ Something that made me think was what way to run
...because there could be a gap that I missed
∙ Something I want to get better at is making sure of the rip.


Here is a photo of me



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an exciting rippa tournament Josh! Well done to you and your team!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...